Personal Injury Dispute Resolution
Working closely with plaintiff, defense and insurance counsel to resolve personal injury disputes has been an integral part of JAMS since our founding in 1979, an expertise that remains as strong today as it did then. With more than three decades of ADR experience, insight and innovation at their disposal, JAMS neutrals and case managers continue to provide unparalleled service, results and value.
With their extensive knowledge of the law and the sticking points that can arise in personal injury disputes, JAMS neutrals are able to quickly identify and address key issues. Our neutrals also remain sensitive to the deeply personal issues that can arise from these matters, and are able to understand the needs of all sides on even the most contentious disputes. When the goal of a personal injury case is more about recognition of harm caused than money, our mediators and arbitrators are able to facilitate resolutions that involve acknowledgement of pain and grief.
JAMS offers streamlined and affordable options for cases of every size and complexity, including a program tailored specifically for half-day personal injury mediations.
Personal Injury Mediators & Arbitrators
Our Personal Injury panel includes retired judges and highly skilled former litigators who have gained the trust and respect of both plaintiff and defense bars, as well as insurance counsel.
Our mediators are persuasive and persistent, advancing creative settlement solutions and engaging in extensive follow-up if needed. Our arbitrators provide fair and reasoned decisions and carefully manage the process, and neutrals who oversee the distribution of settlement funds have earned the respect of both sides of the bar for their fairness and efficiency.
Representative Personal Injury Matters
JAMS Personal Injury neutrals have resolved thousands of disputes of all sizes, types and levels of complexity. Representative cases include:
- Complex wrongful death matter involving pedestrian struck by vehicle near school parking lot under construction. Mediation involved facilitating settlement discussions between representatives for school, city, construction company, and multiple insurance carriers.
- Dispute requiring interpretation and application of maritime law and insurance coverage issues arising from injuries allegedly sustained in cruise ship pool
- Allocation of risk between insurers in lead paint exposure case
- Claims for damages for personal injuries sustained in catastrophic collision involving national freight carrier and private passenger car
- Wrongful death claim arising out of construction job site accident, with matter requiring coordination among plaintiff, defense and insurance carrier on several issues, including waiver of workers compensation lien
- Personal injury claims in highly contested elevator accident case
- Case involving alleged physician negligence that resulted in claims of misdiagnosis and failed course of treatment
- Mediated settlement of claims asserted against nursing home chain in connection with care of elderly patients who allegedly developed subsequent health issues
- Mediation of plaintiff student’s sexual molestation claims against teacher, public school and district
- Settled dispute involving motorcyclist rendered paraplegic following collision with cargo truck
- Allocation of settlement fund for multiple claims arising out of off-road vehicle race crash that killed eight spectators and injured dozens of others. Settling defendants included federal government agency and race organizer’s insurance provider.
- Two JAMS neutrals appointed to special master team tasked with assisting in administration and implementation of multi-billion-dollar settlement fund related to product liability claims arising from recalled hip replacements. Team also responsible for mediating disputes that arise in settlement process.
JAMS offers efficiency, speed, and results. In order to save clients time and money, JAMS has instituted procedural options that allow the crafting of a process that is commensurate with the dispute.
Rigorous preparation. Creative solutions. Persistent follow-up. We work diligently every step of the way-from pre-mediation calls to post-mediation follow-up to help all parties arrive at the best possible outcome to their dispute.
Neutral Analysis Services
Unbiased, confidential case evaluation from the best legal minds in the business. We provide attorneys with advisory opinions allowing you to fine-tune arguments, reassess settlement options, manage client expectations—and ultimately proceed with a winning strategy.
June 3, 2014Retired Magistrate Judge Arlander Keys Joins JAMS in Chicago
Retired Magistrate Judge Arlander Keys Joins JAMS in Chicago
June 26, 2013JAMS Seattle Panelist Hon. Sharon Armstrong (Ret.) Honored with Outstanding Jurist Award
JAMS Seattle Panelist Hon. Sharon Armstrong (Ret.) Honored with Outstanding Jurist Award
May 2, 2013JAMS Seattle Panelist Hon. Thomas McPhee (Ret.) Honored with Judge of the Year Award
JAMS Seattle Panelist Hon. Thomas McPhee (Ret.) Honored with Judge of the Year Award
May 1, 2013Hon. Sharon Armstrong (Ret.) Joins JAMS in Seattle
Hon. Sharon Armstrong (Ret.) Joins JAMS in Seattle
April 22, 2013JAMS Dallas Panelists Selected as 2013 D Magazine “Best Lawyers”
JAMS Dallas Panelists Selected as 2013 D Magazine “Best Lawyers”
March 27, 2013JAMS Receives Top Honors in National Law Journal Survey
JAMS Receives Top Honors in National Law Journal Survey
March 5, 2013Hon. Thomas McPhee (Ret.) Joins JAMS in Seattle
Hon. Thomas McPhee (Ret.) Joins JAMS in Seattle
February 27, 2013Hon. Benson Everett Legg (Ret.), former Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, Joins JAMS
Hon. Benson Everett Legg (Ret.), former Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, Joins JAMS
February 21, 2013Gerald Kogan (Retired Chief Justice Florida Supreme Court) Joins JAMS in Miami
Gerald Kogan (Retired Chief Justice Florida Supreme Court) Joins JAMS in Miami
February 7, 2013Ted E. Bandstra (Retired Chief US Magistrate Judge) Joins JAMS in Miami
Ted E. Bandstra (Retired Chief US Magistrate Judge) Joins JAMS in Miami
November 11, 2015Make the Most of Your Mediation – The Personal Injury Case
Make the Most of Your Mediation – The Personal Injury CaseLaw.com
September 2015Let's Settle This PI Case!
Let's Settle This PI Case!Advocate
December 4, 2018Perrin Conferences’ New York Asbestos Litigation Conference
Perrin Conferences’ New York Asbestos Litigation ConferenceNew York, NY
September 26, 2018Effective Advocacy in Personal Injury Mediations
Effective Advocacy in Personal Injury MediationsWalnut Creek, CA
May 17, 201821st New England Personal Injury Law Conference 2018
21st New England Personal Injury Law Conference 2018Boston, MA
November 15, 2017Effective Mediation Advocacy for Personal Injury Disputes
Effective Mediation Advocacy for Personal Injury DisputesLas Vegas, NV
April 6, 2017Effective Advocacy in Personal Injury Mediations: What to Consider Before the Mediation
Effective Advocacy in Personal Injury Mediations: What to Consider Before the MediationSan Jose, CA
November 19, 2015Med Mal & Beyond: Strategies for Every PI Attorney
Med Mal & Beyond: Strategies for Every PI AttorneyPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
November 12, 2015Insights on Successful Court Settlement Conferences & Private Mediation for Personal Injury Cases
Insights on Successful Court Settlement Conferences & Private Mediation for Personal Injury CasesSeaside, California
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists.
Subscribe & Stay Updated
Our latest thinking on the issues that matter most in mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
JAMS Personal Injury Practice Group
List of personal injury specialties include but are not limited to:
- Automobile Liability
- Aviation Liability
- Construction Site Accidents
- Elder Abuse
- Medical Malpractice
- Municipal Tort Liability
- Personal Injury Claims Under Admiralty Law
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Allocation of Settlement Funds
- Sexual Abuse/Assault
- Toxic Torts
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death